Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Chili Success!

Decided on a nice big pot of chili tonight.  Wasn't sure what I had to put in it, but it turned out great.  Here's what I did:

1lb ground beef, browned
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
1 28oz can of water (from the tomatoes)
1/2 cup bulgur wheat
2 cans of kidney beans, 14 oz each (1 dark red, 1 light red)
1 bunch red chard, chopped fine in food processor
~1 Tbsp cumin
~1 Tbsp oregano
~1 Tbsp dried minced onion
~1 tsp granulated garlic
Fresh ground Pepper and Sea Salt to taste

I browned the beef with some pepper, garlic and a bit of dried minced onion.  Once browned, I added in the can of tomatoes and water and brought it up to a boil.  Added in all the seasonings and beans.  Once it was simmering I added in the bulgur wheat and the chard.

The chard cooked down (it was pretty small to begin with) the bulgur swelled a bit.  So yummy and every one liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment